For those who want a good idea about what happened in London, I found this article that gives a good overview of what happened and a video.
What I found interesting was the fact that only a minority of people were causing destruction, and a portion were supposedly criminals (according to the article, I need to research a bit more before I can definitely say this) who used the cover of the protest to harm police officers.
It is amazing how so many people can come together to show what they believe in, and yet some people take advantage and use it as an opportunity to do harm to others.
I hope those who are harming others are stopped, and I hope that the people get the change that they need. If that many people protested and the government doesn’t respond, I’m afraid of what might happen next.
A woman makes her own social science experiment. First, while very plain looking, she asked for free cake, and free taxi rides. She was rejected on every request but one. Then she got fully made up with heels, make up, and a revealing dress. She basically has everything thrown at her for free.
I wonder if she acted exactly the same throughout the experiment b/c in the video she did some things differently as her “sexy” self. But the idea is pretty much the same, “sexy” women get what they want…how interesting
“Listen,” he told Hong, “I’m going to be honest with you. My generation came to this country because we wanted better for you kids. We did the best we could, leaving our homes and going to graduate school not speaking much English. If you take this job, you are just going to hit the same ceiling we did. They just see me as an Asian Ph.D., never management potential. You are going to get a job offer, but don’t take it. Your generation has to go farther than we did, otherwise we did everything for nothing.”
How to Interpret Blood Spatters
1) Angular - If the victim was on the move, drops hit at an angle. The more oblique the impact, the longer the drop’s tail. The head points in the direction the person was traveling.
2) High Velocity- Misty, diffuse spatter is created by external force greater than 100 feet per second — which usually means a gunshot, an explosion, or (seriously) a sneeze.
3) Hair Impact - A traumatic impact between head and surface tends to leave a stain with feathered edges, like someone squished a loaded paintbrush against the wall.
4) Hair Swipe - If the smear fades out in one direction, the head was likely bloody before contact. The lightest edge of the swipe points in the direction the head was traveling.
5) Fabric Swipe- More fluid than hair swipes, these stains sometimes display the imprint of the bloodied clothing. T-shirt weaves are often the easiest patterns to decipher.
Faking the Books - Lali Puna
After watching the Vagina Monologues (twice) with my friends, I decided that I wanted to memorize/learn a monologue.
Not to perform, just for fun. And because I remembered how much I loved monologues after watching the VMs. SO, I found a few, but now I need to pick…that is where YOU come in!
These are the four that I really like, and I can’t decide which one to learn. ALSO if you were wondering, none of these really relate to my life, I like these because of how they are phrased. There are other amazing monologues, but these are my favorites right now.
So, which one do you think I should learn?